Wednesday 11 April 2007

in San Francisco

I am in the APPLE store in San Francisco near Union Square, where they graciously provide free Internet access. This morning we left Lake Tahoe around 8:30 with freezing temperatures and snow! After about 5 miles there was a sign "snow chains required" and of course we did not have any so were afraid we would need to turn back. But the good old jeep is a 4 wheel drive so we were allowed up the mountain pass. Soon the weather cleared up and snow changed in to rain and later into sunshine. Had lunch with DA's partner JO and DA's friend ST after unloading JO's mother's stuff at her house. We found out we had been transporting a dog's tombstone all the way from East to West! After lunch ST dropped me off at the hotel in SF. Will have dinner with CH later. Called my uncle in Calgary and they are expecting me tomorrow. Have to be at the airport around 9:30am on Thursday morning to catch my flight to Calgary. Back to SF on Saturday. It is such a nice city, finally some interesting people to look at. Well, tomorrow back to the "homophobic prairie" as my late cousin used to call Calgary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was certainly fun travelling with you. Thankfully we did not kill each other. I hope now you understand the schezophenic nature of this country. Until the next adventure...

DA in SF