Monday 2 April 2007

I signed the contract

I did it! Today I signed a contract for my new job with a small start-up company. From May 1st, I wil join them at their office near the Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam. I will leave my huge, multinational, bureaucratic firm after giving them 19 years and 3 months of my energy, brainpower and all of my many other skills. ;-) It feels like chains have been opened and I am free again.

After signing the contract my new bosses and I had a few beers to celebrate on a terrace at Rembrandtplein. I think we are going to have a nice time together.

I also received bad news today. JM called and told me his father suffered a brain hemorrhage. The doctors have told the family that his remaining life expectancy should be measured in days, not weeks. JM is one of my best friends and he and his family are in my thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job. Now, move your behind and show up here.

DA in SF

Colin said...

Congrats on the new job. Now show your behind and move up here!

sgboy said...

congrats on the new job. Now spread your behind and move up here.

happyamsguy said...

Never knew my behind was so popular...