Saturday 14 April 2007

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

It is Saturday 5pm and I am just back (in my hotel in San Francisco) after visiting my uncle and aunt in Calgary. It is a miracle that I made it to Canada, this is what happened on Wednesday night: I met with CH at my hotel, he came straight from work so we went to his place so that he could change his clothes. We proceeded to 'N Touch (an "East West" bar, where, by the way, they have the hunkiest barmen in the world). Met KE a local San Franciscan who was nice to talk to, and before I knew it I had downed 4 gin and tonics. I WILL NEVER DRINK g&t's again. Finally CH and I went to a (bad) Thai restaurant for dinner, but CH got sick after ordering and I had to put him in a taxi home. After eating a bit I went back to 'N Touch but the place had emptied so they told me to go to Badlands. I remember chatting to the guy and after that there is this huge blank in my mind. Next thing I remember is to wake up in someone's bed and panicking because it is bright daylight and I thought I had missed my flight to Canada.......Fortunately, it was early and I was still on time, and my host MI informed me that yes, we had met at Badlands, and after going to his place I had used his bathroom extensively. Did I say I will NEVER drink gin and tonics again?

It was good to see my uncle and aunt. They are old but still healthy and I think we all enjoyed our time together. We chatted a lot about their son (my cousin) AP who was gay and died of AIDS in 1996. We looked at pictures and I realized again what a very handsome guy AP was. He was two years older than I and being so handsome I suppose he must have been popular in the gay scene. He must have picked up the disease before all the safe-sex campaigns started. They always say that loosing a child is the worst that can happen to parents and my uncle and aunt are still very, very sad about their loss.

Had a smooth flight back to SF and am going to have dinner and drinks (BUT NO GIN AND TONICS) with JE later. I met JE in Singapore two years ago. I am looking forward to seeing him again, but alas he informed me he has a boyfriend now so there will be no hanky-panky.

Oh, I did something stupid with my handphone (cell phone, mobile phone) and it is no longer working since Friday. So I won't get any calls or messages.

No comments: