Monday 8 January 2007

What I miss about Singapore

I lived 21 months in Singapore and moved back to Amsterdam in late December.

Here are some things I miss about Singapore:

- talking, cuddling, kissing and having sex with the sweetest guy in the world ER
- playing tennis with AN
- the silliest propaganda in the world, a.k.a. The Straits Times
- leaving the house without having to wear sweaters, coats, gloves and scarfs
- the fat Indian reporter on Channel News Asia
- total strangers calling me "uncle"
- DA's cooking
- earning twice as much and spending half as much as back home
- hawker food at every corner
- weekend trips to Bali, Phuket, Samui, Cebu, Bangkok, KL and Hong Kong
- getting drunk at Backstage and Tantric
- getting attention from men half my age and twice my looks
- affordable taxis
- the cute black guy in my gym
- a gym "at home"
- a swimming pool "at home"
- the daily stream of silly SMS messages from AN
- hearing Singlish

2 comments:

sgboy said...

Sweetie this blog is FABULOUS! I love it!

Do miss having you around! Don't get too comfy in Amsterdam ok? Come back soon....PAP advise all the PRs to be in the country!

Stay fabulous

happyamsguy said...

OK as a PR I will follow the PAP instructions. Will buy a white shirt and pants soon.
So now we are both looking for a new job...any business we can do together ?