I lived 21 months in Singapore and moved back to Amsterdam in late December.
Here are some things I miss about Singapore:
- talking, cuddling, kissing and having sex with the sweetest guy in the world ER
- playing tennis with AN
- the silliest propaganda in the world, a.k.a. The Straits Times
- leaving the house without having to wear sweaters, coats, gloves and scarfs
- the fat Indian reporter on Channel News Asia
- total strangers calling me "uncle"
- DA's cooking
- earning twice as much and spending half as much as back home
- hawker food at every corner
- weekend trips to Bali, Phuket, Samui, Cebu, Bangkok, KL and Hong Kong
- getting drunk at Backstage and Tantric
- getting attention from men half my age and twice my looks
- affordable taxis
- the cute black guy in my gym
- a gym "at home"
- a swimming pool "at home"
- the daily stream of silly SMS messages from AN
- hearing Singlish