Sunday 28 January 2007

The weekend

Oh alcohol, the mother of all evils. I drank too much last night and I was out of order all day today.

I didn't do much this weekend. Watched an old movie, The Contender, on TV. The Contender is a political thriller about Laine Hanson, a senator who is nominated to become Vice President following the death of the previous office holder. During the confirmation process, Laine is the victim of a vicious attack on her personal life in which stories of sexual deviancy are spread. She is torn as to whether she should fight back, or stick to her high principles and refuse to comment on the allegations. Although it isn't easy, she sticks to her guns, and in the end she is rewarded for it.

Quite an OK movie starring Jeff Bridges, Gary Oldman and Joan Allen.

After the movie I decided to go to April. All were there and the beer flowed quickly - especially with all the happy quarters when they serve two drinks for the price of one. At 2am April was about to close and WI and MA convinced me to join them to Exit. More beers and suddenly it was 8am and I was in a taxi home. I vaguely remember chatting for a long time with a KLM flight attendant. Today: headaches and other inconveniences, and only now (8pm) I am beginning to feel OK again.

Now all repeat and sing after me: I will never drink again. (a 1972 Alexander Curley song)

I'll never drink again
I'll never smoke again
My throat is dry, my eyes are red
And there are needles inside of my head

No comments: