Thursday 3 May 2007

A real job again

Since the announcement that my previous department was going to close down, in August 2006, I had a very relaxed life. I suddenly realized that for the last nine months, it didn't really matter what time I woke up or went to work, nor did it matter if I decided to go home very early. All changed on Labour day. Now, the alarm clock rings at 7am (and I can't ignore it), I grab a quick sandwich for lunch, and I am home around 7 or 8pm, exhausted and with little energy left. I have a contract for three days a week, but my bosses made it clear that they expect me there from Monday - Friday, which is good for the extra overtime $$, but not so good for my relaxed lifestyle.
In other news, I decided to go on a serious diet. Since coming back to Amsterdam I gained a "few" kilos, and I want to get rid of them. This weekend I will post my current weight (blush) and I will provide weekly progress updates on this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't bother posting it. I already know. Did you notice that Applebee's stock has been going up?

DA in SF

P.S. I lost weight going to SDQ. I wonder why.