Friday 4 May 2007

Bitterballen

Yesterday was the official good-bye event from the company that I gave the best years of my life to. My ex-colleagues who are nice, friendly and hard-working all showed up, and the worthless individuals that also get a salary for making other lifes miserable were, fortunately, clever enough to not show their faces. BC gave me a nice speech summarizing the weird course of my career; JS spoiled me with wine and AY with chocolates (which by the way also put my diet plans on the back-burner); and HJ and AH enjoyed the free booze so much that the waitress closed the bar on us. Loaded with wine, chocolates and flowers I made my way home and felt nostalgic.
In other news, I returned the rental car and picked up my new car today. For the first time in my life I have a black car. Shiny, sexy, black.
By the way, bitterballen is a typical Dutch snack that we always serve at functions and small parties. You don't want to know what they are made of, but with mustard they taste oh-so-good.

1 comment:

Colin said...

Bitter balls? Or Bitten Balls? You dutch people are weird....