Sunday 25 March 2007

Opposites attract

Last Friday in the bar RO got cruised by a big, fat, white guy. Now you must know that RO is into real slim, dark skin young men, so he was not thrilled by the attention. The big guy was not planning to back off easily, and it was funny to see how RO felt very uneasy and didn't know how to handle the situation. But in the end, his face showed sufficient disgust for the big man to give up.
Thinking about such situations (yes, they have happened to me too), I always welcome the attention and will at least have a chat with the admirer, even if he is not my type. Only when they can't keep their hands to themselves will I send them on their way.

Just now ER asked the question why I drink more in Amsterdam than in Singapore. There are several reasons:
1) In Singapore, too, I was drinking a lot sometimes. Ask AN. I believe when ER is around he has a good influence on my alcohol consumption;
2) Drinks are more expensive in Singapore, which has a (small) effect on alcohol intake;
3) It is a custom in my group of friends in Amsterdam to buy a round of beer for each other. So if we have a group of 10 (which is usually the case) , and everyone buys a round, that's 10 beers for all already;
4) Happy hour. Normally we wait for happy hour to order our drinks. So multiply the number of beers in the previous line by 2;
5) CH and FR have the habit of ordering lots of beers just before the end of happy hour. So suddenly there are 30 beers on the table.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I don't know. A typical "happy hour" drink in San francisco is $2-$4. I bet it is even cheaper than AMS. I better NOT take you to happy hours.

DA in SF

sgboy said...

Just admit it! you drink like a fish!

Look like we need to drink in SF as we are all suck suckers for cheap alcohol.

See you in AA meetings in a few years ok? Ha Ha

happyamsguy said...

Amsterdam is even cheaper than SF: 2 euro for 2 drinks! So it is totally safe to take me to the happy hours in SF....