Sunday 6 January 2008

Warhol, work and the end of an era

There is an Andy Warhol exposition in the Stedelijk Museum CS and although people had warned me it was very, very crowded, yesterday I went to see it. It was indeed crowded but the line moved quickly and we were only queuing for 20 minutes or so. The exposition was interesting, especially the art that we all know such as his pictures of reigning queens. Some of the video productions that I watched gave a good insight into the New York art scene of the 1970's. My arty cousin sometimes told me stories about his wild years in New York, so it was nice to see some pictures.
Work is very busy and even this weekend I have been writing e-mails and arranging stuff. January is going to be a very busy month and a lot of the work load will be on my shoulders.
Today will be the last day that April Bar is open. They are going to close for 7 months for a big renovation. Tonight they will have a "demolition party" which will coincide with GO's birthday party. I feel a bit sad that my second living room will no longer be there.

As sang so many times in "Cheers":

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

No comments: