Monday 8 October 2007

Limburgse Rijstevlaai

Sunday was a day of decent social visits: first I went to visit my ex-colleague TA and her husband ES who recently produced a baby. For some reason I am good with babies (small and big) and I managed to make the little boy smile! TA served lots of candy and food and being polite of course I ate most ;-)
In the afternoon OS and I went to RO's place for his birthday party. RO throws two birthday parties every year: one Gay (for the gay friends) and one for everybody else. The gay party was last week when I had my family get-together, so we got invited to the non-gay party which was actually quite nice. Talked long with RO's parents who are extremely nice people, and OS had a chance to ask many questions about his illness as dad is a medical doctor. It is kind of refreshing to be at a party where not everybody is constantly bitching, commenting on other guys' looks and talking about the latest sexual conquests. The family is from Limburg province where they have this wonderful rijstevlaai (rice cake) of which I had two slices. When the parents left the dad said "bye BA" (BA is RO's ex-boyfriend) to RO's current boyfriend FA. Oops. Well, I guess to a 65 year old man from Limburg most Asians look the same...
After the party, FA, RO, WB, FR, OS and I went to April for a drink. I had wanted to go home, but OS said "this could be the last time ever I can go to April" so I decided to join.

No comments: