Monday 14 April 2008

A wholesome weekend

I had a very nice wholesome weekend in London: dinners, lunches, museum, theatre, flower market, street market, no gay bars, no clubbing, no sex. Met up with AA after arrival and proceeded to the Aurora Restaurant where MT and PE joined us. Very enjoyable night with good food, and I believe I drank more than my fair share of the wine. After dinner we were all tired from a week at work so AA and I took a taxi home. Chatted some more at home and slept like babies for many hours. Saturday AA (who claims he is the perfect hostess) made a nice breakfast with Kaya jam I had freshly imported from Singapore, and we proceeded to the Tate Modern where we spent three enjoyable hours. Had an early dinner with AA's friends AD, LO and ST at Frederick's before going to the Almeida Theatre where MT joined all of us to watch The Last Days of Judas Iscariot. The Last Days of Judas Iscariot is a wildly funny court-room drama in which history's most infamous betrayal is dissected by forces of good and evil. In a court room that owes as much to the ghetto to the Gospels, figures such as Pontius Pilate, Mother Teresa and Sigmund Freud are called to testify in a trial of God and the Kingdom of Heaven and Earth versus Judas Iscariot. The play was funny and nice but a little long (3 hours). After dinner we had energy for one drink. AA got lost when walking home so we ended up taking a night bus home. On Sunday I discovered a part of London that I don't know well (East End) when we toured the Columbia Flower Market and the Brick Lane area, where VT joined us for Indian food. Said goodbye to AA and was at the airport just in time. After arrival in Amsterdam I joined the gang in SoHo bar - good to see everybody after many weeks. Was home around 1130pm - tired but contented. Thanks AA for being the perfect hostess. I will sure visit you when you move to New York later this year!

No comments: