Tuesday 22 April 2008

Suddenly a fan of ice hockey

It is Tuesday evening 1015pm and I am in my hotel room in Kazan. I have participated in 3-hour long, boring meetings which took even longer because everything needs to be translated. Russia hasn't changed much yet - on arrival, the 20 person long queue at passport control took 1 hour and 20 minutes to clear, the air quality is bad, roads are crazy (they don't have lanes, they just dump a lot of asphalt) and everybody drives like Schumacher.
Fortunately, the World Championships Ice Hockey for under 18's are here in Kazan and the Russian team is staying in my hotel! I normally don't like very young men, but these are all tall, muscular, blond Gods so I am having a good time in the breakfast room. Tomorrow is the final Russia vs. USA. I will support my friends from breakfast!

No comments: