Tuesday 15 April 2008

Crying: the difference between women and men

An interesting piece of research that will change the world: Psychology magazine from the Netherlands interviewed 800 people on crying behaviour. Men cry on average 9 times per year, women 33 times. The magazine says this is remarkable because young boys cry more than young girls. Only after the male testosteron and the effects of upbringing ("be a man") kick in will males cry less than females. Men cry more for being happy, women for being angry. When asked "why do you cry?" 65% said because they are sad, 38% answered because they felt powerless, and 26% because they were moved by something. Only 18% cry about something outside their personal life, such as hunger and sickness in poor countries.
I'd say I am around average for a male: 9 times per year sounds about right. Pfff - I am not such a bitch after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest authoring on other websites?
I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share
some stories/information. I know my audience would appreciate your work.

If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

Here is my web-site - wow-veritas.net