Sunday 29 July 2007

Family ties


So it is Sunday afternoon and my mother and her friend have just left after a visit that started on Friday afternoon. My late father used to say: "friends come and go, so cherish your family as they will always be there for you". I don't totally agree with him, as I (think I) have at least some friends that I will always be in contact with, but experience tells me that indeed, friends come and go throughout one's life, and family is important. Anyway, we went to the Scheringa Museum for Realism yesterday where they had a special exhibition of works of Dutch painter Jan Mankes (so-so) but also nice works of more famous artists such as Botero (picture), Salvador Dali and René Magritte. After the museum we went to the beach at Egmond aan Zee where my mother spent childhood holidays in the 1940's. A BBQ in the garden completed a nice day. This morning I showed them my new office and we toured around Amsterdam a bit. Good to have them visit and happy that they are both healthy and enjoying life.

No comments: