Friday 27 July 2007

Dangerous driving














Yesterday, after work I drove to the fair city of 's-Hertogenbosch to meet JM and EL who are on their summer vacation in the Netherlands from Jakarta. We had dinner in Restaurant In de Bossche Eetkaemer and chatted about many serious and some not so serious topics. Service was a bit slow so only around 1145pm did I return to my car to drive home. I was very tired from working hard, not sleeping enough all week (I woke up very early all week - I think I am beginning to get stress from work....) and the intensive conversation. The highway was fairly empty so I drove fast......to suddenly realize I fell asleep for a few seconds and am already on the shoulder of the road. I hit myself hard in the face, turned the radio volume up and managed to get home safely.

2 comments:

.: aGent X ::.. said...

Goodness! Thank god that you are awake in time, driving on the empty highway at night can make you sleepy - so please be careful. If necessary, make a stop and take a nap or pour some water on your face :-)

Anonymous said...

Yep, I agree with agent x. It is better to stop for a minute and go out of the car. If you are veru tired a short nap would help.

Best regards, and take care!