Sunday 12 October 2008

It is hot in Singapore

The sun is shining without mercy this morning. Walking the short distance from my hotel in Bencoolen Street to the Internet shop I could feel my skin turn red.
The flight over was full but good: I watched three movies: When did you last see your father? with Colin Firth which was good, Baby Mama with Tina Fey which was a waste of time, and Fuera de Carta ("Outside the menu") with Javier Cámara which all you gay guys must see. It is hilarious. "He didn't come out of the closet, he was kicked out of the closet."
Fortunately my room was already ready when I arrived at the hotel at 7am on Saturday, I texted ER as agreed to meet for breakfast which we eventually had. After ER left for work I managed to sleep some 5 hours and get rid of the jet lag. We had a late dinner at a chicken rice place in Novena before joining AN, JO, JE and RU at Tantric where they all had heavy spirits (with quite disastrous consequences for RU) while I was sane and only drank beer and fruit punch. It felt as if I had never been away. Good to see the gang from my days here in Sngapore in 2005-6. Around 2am AN suggested we all go to Maxwell for food but as I need to keep my good shape and late night eating is the worst, I declined and went back to the hotel for a hot and sweaty night.
I will now go to the heartlands (Toa Payoh) to meet CO for lunch.

No comments: