Monday 17 September 2007

Gevulde koeken

Some of the faithful readers of this blog may have wondered why there haven't been any updates on my diet since I announced it a few months back. The main reason is that I have been eating like a pig and drinking like a fish. Last Monday, I finally had the courage to step on the scale again, and I was surprised that I didn't gain weight and even lost a little. Anyway, I still need/want to get rid of some 10 kgs so I re-started exercising yesterday. I have one of these thingies that measures calories used and I was happy to burn 459 calories which is one-fifth of an average male's daily intake, so not too bad. After the exercises I went to April where I had 6 beers, continued to New King for oysters and shrimps with rice, and proceeded to the Asian Disco Night for another 3 beers. Finally, while waiting for the train home I couldn't resist the temptation to get a "gevulde koek" from the vending machine (who could for only 80 cents?). I studied the packaging on the train and read that one bloody gevulde koek is 460 calories. This way my exercises will never lead to the desired result. Even worse, one of our guests today at work brought a big box of gevulde koeken in so I was tempted again.
In other news, my Chinese classes are more and more fun. The teacher smiles about our bad pronunciation of Chinese, but we can also smile about her bad pronunciation of Dutch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest the book titled "The Ultimate New York Body Plan?" The author's last name is Kirsch. I lost 10 pounds following its regime (remember the exercises during the road trip?) Still 10 pounds off, but then there is a dog to walk nowadays.

DA in SF

happyamsguy said...

Thanks, but I won't buy the book. DA, there is no book that can help me. I know exactly what to do to lose weight, I have done it before and I will do it again. It is all a matter of discipline.