Monday 6 August 2007

Going to Mexico

It is Monday morning early and in a few hours I will be boarding Martinair flight MP 639 non-stop from Amsterdam to Cancun. This will be a special holiday: my father passed away while on holiday in Mexico 14 years ago (heart attack). My brother called early in the year if I wanted to join him on a trip there and I said yes. We'll be in Mexico for two weeks, mostly touring around by rental car. We will be going to the hotel where my dad died (my mother still has the original documents so we even know the room number), and will visit old colonial towns, Maya temples and hopefully spend a few days at a nice beach. My Lonely Planet Yucatan tells me there are Internet cafes all over the place so I'll try to do regular updates on this site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! I love Cancun's beach. But the place has now grown up to become just a big resort. You'll enjoy the trip to Chichen Itza. Leave Cancun early and arrive before the tourists (eh, people like you) arrive en masses.

DA in SF