Saturday 20 September 2008

Of dirty and clean bars

It had been a long time since I had visited Cuckoo's Nest - in fact now that I think about it the last time must have been when GZ forced me to go there in March. Anyway, the same guys as always were there and the place doesn't seem to get any cleaner. I met PH who told me he quit his job and decided to live from social security. He realized that he would get only 100 euro less per month and now doesn't have to wake up at 7am every working day. This country is very good at turning otherwise hard-working people into profiteers.
After 30 minutes I had seen enough and went to Soho. The gang was there to celebrate CC's graduation from University to which I contributed a little by offering him a traineeship at our company. GR introduced his friend JM to us - a Malaysian-Chinese living in Sydney who is on holiday in Europe. We clicked immediately and it turns out we both used to work for the same company. JM was quite touchy-feely but I could see GR was paying close attention so I decided to be a gentleman. At 3am I biked home a happy man, helped by the very nice clear, crisp weather that we have enjoyed the last week or so.

No comments: