Tuesday 18 March 2008

Travel news

Tonight we had a small goodbye party for MA and JE, who are flying to Manila tomorrow. It almost got out of hand as we were drinking like it was a Saturday, not a Tuesday. But I was wise and was the first to leave around 1045pm. After all, I have one full and busy day of work to do before it will be my turn to leave for warmer places. I will meet MA this weekend in Bangkok, it felt a bit strange to kiss them goodbye in a bar in Amsterdam only to meet each other a few days later in Bangkok.
The euro is very strong against the US dollar and many Asian currencies! I hate shopping but I must buy some clothes in Bangkok or Indonesia which will pay for the trip. Meanwhile, according to this Reuters story American tourists in Amsterdam have problems finding a place where they can exchange their US dollars.

No comments: