Friday 11 July 2008

Mamma Mia

It has been a hectic week. I was in Cairo for 25 hours (for work) and didn't get much sleep for two nights while on the plane. Not much to report about that trip (just meetings), although I met an ex-colleague from long ago who wrote me an e-mail after I got back: "Nice to see you after such a long time. (much bigger and fatter)" I guess it is time to start a diet again........
On the day I returned to Amsterdam, MA had arranged for tickets for the gang to see Mamma Mia, the movie, gay preview. The movie was hilarious and we all had fun singing-along. At the after-party in Exit Café I met VI, who was a waiter in Backstage Bar in Singapore when I lived there. It was good to see him and catch up.
Yesterday I spent most of the day with OS at the hospital. Once again I was impressed with the level of medical care, after the nurse arranged for a Spanish-Dutch interpreter free of charge when she found out OS had problems understanding all the details that she was telling him. OS will have to undergo a small operation on the 24th when they will remove some tissue for further research, with the results and the action plan to be communicated early August. We hope for the best but fear that more surgery and/or other treatment will be needed.

No comments: