Thursday 3 July 2008

Do I blog because I am happy or am I happy because I blog?

While some commentators have characterised bloggers as lonely, desperate souls in search of validation for their meaningless lives, recent medical research has indicated that the opposite might actually be true: bloggers appear to be less lonely and feel more connected and supported than those who don't blog. Swinburne University researcher James Baker, along with Swinburne colleague Professor Susan Moore, will soon publish a paper in the journal CyberPsychology & Behaviour which concludes that people who blog feel less isolated and more satisfied with their friendships. More here.
Hmmm. I don't really know what to think about this piece of research. Th reasons I blog can be found here.

1 comment:

sgboy said...

I agree! I met nothing but really nice people ever since I started the blog (even fucked a few of them) I will go as far to say that it had changed my life for the better....