Monday 1 December 2008

It is a strange world, life continues

We live in a strange world. Terrorists strike Mumbai, the Thais are on the brink of a civil war and are destroying their economy in the process, the Americans are going to subsidize people who live beyond their means, the Dutch are making magic mushrooms illegal, and a major Singaporean bank is donating money to a hard-core Christian hate group.
In the mean time, I had a nice weekend with a visit to MR, RB and their daughter ML in their recently completed house, I helped OS with the Christmas decorations at home, I relaxed with KE and spent 3 nights in the bar. But I was wise and drove 2 of the 3 nights so I couldn't drink alcohol. All very decent. Had a very nice conversation with our local Obama look-alike AL and I think WI is jealous when I talk too much with him, as he mentioned several times that sex with AL is very bad. ("he just lies there as a corpse")
If you read this in Singapore, please do not use your DBS credit card until the bank apologizes for supporting a hate group.

No comments: